MODEL AND LINGERIE
I found Nina via a local Trade-for-Print (TFP) Facebook group. I basically setup a time and place to shoot, and did a model call in the Facebook group. Nina, a fairly experienced model with quite a bit of boudoir under her proverbial belt reached out. Nina had quite a bit of lingerie in her personal collection.
SETUP AND SHOOTING
For this shoot, I brought out my Bronica SQ-a, but I also had a few new cameras to put through their paces. First off, a Fuji XT-2 for some digital. And secondly, a Contax G2 for some 35mm film. For me it’s a no-brainer to shoot RAW on any digital camera I shoot. Now for this shoot, I decided to shoot only color film on my Bronica, and only black and white on the Contax.
Film stocks used were:
- Color: Kodak Portra 400 (and actually shot at ISO 400)
- B&W: Kodak TMax 400 expired (also shot at 400).
Window light at this location proved to be a bit limiting. I used it where I could, but also eventually gave into some lamp lighting.
Black and white film was developed in Rodinal (1:25 with a 6.5-minute developing time, agitating every 30 seconds). B&W negatives were personally scanned using an Epson V500, and processed in Adobe Lightroom. Color film from the shoot was sent to the Darkroom. I got some basic scans included with development, and they actually turned out pretty good, except that the file-size is a bit small.
First, here is Nina on Kodak Portra 400 with the Bronica SQ-a:
Here are the black and white shots from the Contax G2:
And finally, a few selects from the Fuji XT-2: